Friday, October 14, 2011

Small recap of JBoss One Day Talk in Munich (updated)

Yesterday I was at JBoss One Day Talk, organized by the local JBoss Users Group. The schedule consisted of 18 sessions in three parallel tracks.

jboss-header.png

One of the main topics was of course JBoss AS 7, where Heiko Braun was giving an overview, Thomas Diesler talking about OSGi on AS7 and myself talking about management of the server doing a lot of live demoing.

Other JBoss speakers included Kris Verlaenen on JBPM5 and Sashin Shinde on Open Shift. And there was Gavin King announced to talk about Ceylon. While I was looking forward to meet Gavin again, I was also afraid that I would need to talk only to myself with the Ceylon talk being in parallel. (Un :-)fortunately Gavin was not able to make it, so I had a great audience.

My buddy Pavlo Baron was talking about Big Data (slides are available on Slideshare). While this presentation was not as technical as I hoped, it nevertheless got me thinking about some stuff we could integrate in a future version of RHQ.

This conference was organized for the second time this year and I like the intimate atmosphere a lot. And of course the speakers dinner at Löwenbräukeller :-)

Update:

The organizers of One Day Talk have posted some interviews (in German) -- and especially one with Heiko Braun

 

No comments: